Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Eight Days 'Till Freedom

Yes, my dear and faithful readers, it's official. I'm leaving "The
Producers" in eight days. No worries about lack of blog content. I
plan to exercise my storytelling abilities and post every so often
from memory. I've got a book of material in my head. Eventually it
will perhaps end up in a book (to be edited by MD, as promised.)

I am in that insufferable state of torturous boredom that comes eight
days before quitting your job. I look at the Eagle as we sit in
meetings, watching him intently explaining to me how this next hurdle
in the path will be our big break...I think I will write him a
good-bye card with some kindly life-advice when I leave. GET OUT.
Those INTJ personalities never see the obvious.

Alli has quit and gone on to her new job, a 7 hour workday (that
begins at 10am), free massages on Fridays, company trips to Busch
Gardens, camraderie, no commute. I mentioned Alli's new job and how
happy she is to the Eagle and I must admit I saw traces of wistful
longing in his eyes. With all his brilliance, what is he doing here?

Yesterday I dilligently spent the morning researching those "sign up
for 7 trial offers and get an iPod or a laptop" web sites. Alli
assured me they were legit, and coworkers at her new company (an
Antispy-ware internet company) have won them. Not only that, there
are these forums where you just have to sign up for one item now, and
seven other people to the others for you.

I did my research, signed up for 8 trials to totally useless things
like "Video Professor - Learn to Type" and "Suptra - Herbal
Antidepressents." I made a list of my 2 week trials, and marked the
day by which they must be cancelled. We'll see if they send me my
free $800 laptop. Wouldn't that be a lark. I'll keep you posted.

So, that was yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon is a blurr...oh
yes, that brainstorming meeting. Just me, the Eagle and O-Space-Man.
We were all fading in and out, well mostly out I'd say. O-Space-Man
was tired from hosting Monday night poker (if only the bosses knew he
did THAT, ah I love it) and I had been out with some friends dressing
up in Sari's (putting them on is such an art!) and watching a
depressing (but well directed) war movie. Nothing like a good cry
over WW2 with the girls.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to have this mail merge done. Only, you see, I
forgot how to DO mail merges, so I've been in MS Help for 2 hours.
Apparently my spreadsheet is a total mess. Yawn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you happen to notice my struggling intently, literally biting my lip to fight back laughing raucously at the sheer pain of the long moments of silence? wow. that really made me smile. this place is filled with truly charismatic leaders.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home