Friday, January 21, 2005

Classic Faux Pas

Yesterday I outdid myself.

Saying good-bye to my boss, Mama Bear, I gave her the web link to my blog about Thailand.

"Yeah, I'll be posting some photos on there. You must check it out now and then!" I said.

Because I apparently don't have any brain cells, I forgot that my profile name as a writer is linked to my other blogs. I thought since there was no link to it she wouldn't find it. Eeeek.

I was in her office watching her as she went to the web site, and it dawned on me that she could easily with just a few clicks discover The Producers blog.

"Ok, Sophie, I'll check this out for a few minutes and let you finish packing up your office," she said. "Nice layout."

Eeeek. As my heart was beating a million miles a minute I rushed back to my desk, signed on to blogger, and tried to delete myself as a writer and hide my profile as FAST as I could.

Lilly heard me giving her the address and rushed in to my vubicle and asked "what's WRONG with you? I'm not ready to get fired yet!"

Thank goodness we got rid of the links and deleted me as a writer just in time.

Phew. One last final fiasco. The was to go out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

You know, you can choose which blogs show up in your profile. It's under Edit User Profile>Privacy>Show my blogs>Select blogs to display. Just FYI.

12:35 PM  
Blogger K said...

tip: In "Edit your profile" you can click on "select blogs to display" and can check or uncheck which blogs show up under your profile. Allowing you to keep secret your blogs (thus keeping fellow co-workers from unemployment) and without deleting your profile.

1:30 PM  
Blogger K said...

So has "The Producers" now been declared dead? Now that Sophie has left? Aren't there other contributors? Or is there no drive left? ...A sad moment.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home