Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Lilly soon to go?

I thought I would let the readers know that I’ve been scheduled for two interviews today. One problem though. What to tell the Grape and Charlie for my coming in late tomorrow and Friday? Since The Producers happen to be very nosey and could very well terminate an employee if they did not give a good excuse for absence. (The Producers rarely have good reasons for termination if you haven’t noticed yet)

Well after 20 minutes of deliberating a good excuse, one came to me. Luckily I have a brother that’s currently living with me while he waits Navy boot camp. He has to visit the Recruiting office often and he has no vehicle, so the recruiter usually picks him up and brings him back.

So I called the Grape - “Hi Grape, this is Lilly” The Grape with a concerned tone replies “Oh..Lilly?” “I just spoke with my brother and he needs me to take him to the NAVY Recruiters office tomorrow so I will be in about an hour late” (Silence) “Hmmm” replies the Grape. “He also needs me to take him Friday morning but on Friday I will need to stay with him because the recruiter will be unable to bring him home afterwards so I won’t be in until around lunch time on Friday” (Silence) “Okay well be sure to tell Charlie tomorrow when you come in” “Thanks for letting us know”.

Success!

But will my excuse really work? Will I get an offer for employment? Or will my excuse be too suspicious and I get no offer for employment and get canned instead? I know it will be sad to longer have an insider covering The Producers but like Sophie said there is still a lot of information in our brains that has yet to be written. We’ll see how long the blog lasts. But be assured that Sophie, QueenBean and Lilly are life long bloggers now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crush said...

Sorry about how that went down, O-Space . . . I'm eager to hear the run-down of what they really said. All Mama Bear and the Eagle are sayin is that "we had to let him go--and do you remember any other passwords O-Space had, Mr.Happy Go-To???"

And best of luck to you, Mrs.Lilly. Although I will be sad to see you go (no one will be left to mock me for my poor eating habits! *sniff*) it'll be for the best.

=D

-MHGT

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home